Thursday 17 August 2017

BPS Holographic Star Sequins UV Gel Polish : Swatch and review






On the blog today I've swatched a very pretty looking blingy gel polish from the house of BPS. Its called BORN PRETTY Holographic Star Moon Sequins Gel Bling Soak Off Manicure Nail Art UV Gel Polish (link ; item no: 40427; shade 1)


As you can see it is a red jelly base filled with holo chunky, medium and small hex glitter with an occasional star. It looks even better even and juicy in person with a holo sparkle in direct light. On my nails is 2 coats of gel with layer of top coat. I had cured my nails after each layer.
The polish is slightly thick as all gel polishes are. I found this easy to apply. The first coat goes smooth although I didnt get even glitter placement and I didnt want to make it thick since it is gel polish. So instead I made a thin coat and cured it. Next I put another thin layer and then dabbed some glitter and evenly distributed it with a light floating hand movement. the polish goes quite opaque in 2 coats. 
As you can see the finish is really smooth and shiny. I thought maybe the glitter would poke up and out but they didnt. The polish settles well and goes streakfree. Overall the polish feel and quality is really nice. (I will update here for how long lasts on my nails without chipping once I test it).

This polish retails for $3.99 for a 10ml bottle (link to the product). The bottle comes in a white coloured bottle. This polish comes in 10 shades and some of them have a moon glitter instead of the star. Scroll down for more closeups and pics in different lighting.

In sunlight



Indoor light





Swatch on a stick in Indoor light

PS. Polish was sent for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would ♥ to read your comments and thoughts on my posts. Please feel free to ask any questions or if you have any suggestions.