Monday 10 October 2011

My first Crackle!!

Hi All,
After my Canadian Haul post, I had a few request to show the crackle/shatter polishes. I was soo excited to see the crackle paints, as we dont get them here and had immediately tried on one finger the day my mom got them. But it didnt really seem to crackle. Later I read the instructions on the bottle which said "apply one single thin or thick coat". I put on a blue base (OPI's Dating a royal, should be dry) over which I tried the Sally hansen Pink crackle in one thin coat. (in hindsight I feel black would have look better..but ehh..there's always a next time!)

A few tips for those who haven't used crackle before: As you can see in some places the pink crackle is quite opaque as I was using it sparingly on the pointer finger to check whether I am applying it correctly or not. And "Crackle" it did. So I tried the next one with a bit thicker one coater and it seemed to work too. But the idea is to apply one single coat only. These paints are quite versatile and are easy to apply to give your nails a good dash of color. Soon am gonna try the purple and blue crackle polishes in diff combinations to see what base colour brings out the best in them. They are easy to apply and dont take ages to dry.
I am going off on a 15 day holiday to Hong Kong, China and Thailand. I have a couple of scheduled posts coming up. I will try catch up whenever possible. Any must-buys for me in these places??
Please try not to miss me too much! :D
Psst: I will be back soon with loads of goodies from my trip for my blogs very own First Giveaway (hopefully I'll have over a 100 followers)
Till I see you next time. Ciao

12 comments:

  1. Hey
    Lovely blog. I absolutely love nail paints.Look forward to lots of posts from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE!!! its so interesting t see this stuff...is it harder t remove??

    ReplyDelete
  3. @nirah: Thanks!
    @Zara: Nope they are easy to take out..didnt bleed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color pairing! I like the Sally crackles best I think; if you get the amount just right they seem to shatter in the best way (not huge iceberg chunks or super tiny cracks)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome! I loved the blue and pink combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. crack crack crackle ..looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it one of my favourite combos is blue and pink:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ... and have a great vacation (be sure to pick up some new fun colors)!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pink and blue look so cute together and you got some nice crackle going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely crackle style nails.

    Btw My first giveaway at my blog.
    http://vivaciousblog17.blogspot.com/2011/10/100-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks quite nice..u have applied it so neatly and love ur nails..

    ReplyDelete

I would ♥ to read your comments and thoughts on my posts. Please feel free to ask any questions or if you have any suggestions.